Since 2010 SISSA Mathlab is:
- A laboratory for mathematical modeling and scientific computing devoted to the interactions between mathematics and its applications.
- An interdisciplinary research center powered by the interest in problems coming from the real world, from industrial applications, and from complex systems.
- A team of scientists pursuing frontier research, while expanding the opportunities for a dialogue across academic and disciplinary boundaries.
- A partner for companies interested in mathematics as a tool for innovation.
- A research team focusing on new trend in computational mechanics and numerical analysis.
- An integrated group in SISSA Mathematics Area, within the SISSA Phd Program In Mathematical Analysis, Modelling and Application and the SISSA-ICTP Master in High Performance Computing, as well as the master degree program in mathematics offered by SISSA with University of Trieste.